C7974A LTO4- Ultrium 1.6TB RW Data Cartridge
HP C7974A 1.6TB LTO4 Data Cartridge, new and sealed.
20 in stock
With unbroken market leadership stretching back more than ten years (according to Santa Clara Consulting Group) Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the most popular brand of LTO Ultrium storage supplies in the world. That is because Hewlett Packard Enterprise tapes offer outstanding quality and reliability for every tape drive and every backup and archiving scenario. In a typical year of testing, Hewlett Packard Enterprise engineers pull,over 350,000 miles of tape, covering all aspects of tape usage; from full volume backups and archiving to rigorous environmental interchange tests. Backed by this uncompromising media qualification process, HPE LTO Ultrium data cartridges support all HPE StoreEver and non HPE LTO Ultrium tape devices. The latest seventh generation products minimize interruption to network and SAN backup by being capable of protecting 1.08TB/hour of data at native speeds and storing up to 6 TB native (15 TB assuming 2.5:1 compression) on one piece of media (140% greater capacity than HPE LTO-6 Ultrium tapes and 838% greater than LTO-4).
Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s Bar Code and RFID Labeled Data Cartridges: Hewlett Packard Enterprise sells both Labeled and Unlabeled LTO Ultrium data cartridges for automation customers requiring bar code and RFID labeled storage supplies. Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s Custom Bar Code and RFID Labeled Data Cartridges allow customers to place a custom order with Hewlett Packard Enterprise and specifically define the exact barcode sequence printed on each label. Customers should expect a longer lead time for custom order processing. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Custom Labeled Data Cartridges are sold in 20 packs in the USA and Europe. Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s Non-Custom Bar Code and RFID Labeled Data Cartridges allow customers to receive labeled data cartridges fast because no customization process is required. These products are perfect for customers that require labeled media but do not need to define the exact sequence printed on each label. Each Hewlett Packard Enterprise Non-Custom Labeled Data Cartridge will have a unique, pre-defined barcode sequence printed on each label (no duplicate codes). Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s Non-Custom Labeled Data Cartridges are sold in 20 packs and are available worldwide.
- HPE LTO-6 and LTO-7 offers data encryption for enhanced data security – granted FIPS140-2 Level 1 certification
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers both labeled (Custom Labeled and Non-Custom Labeled) and non-labeled Tri Optic and RFID data cartridges.
- Custom labeled offerings allow automation customers the ability to customize their label to their specific needs. This includes the ability to define the barcode label type and to specify an exact label sequence. Custom labels are pre-attached to the tapes before shipment. Available in Europe and the USA. Europe requires a Minimum Order Quantity of 5 units or 100 total data cartridges (5 units X 20 cartridges)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Non-Custom Labeled tapes allow automation customers the ability to receive labeled media without having to wait for a custom labeled solution. Barcode sequences are pre-determined by Hewlett Packard Enterprise and are guaranteed to be unique. LTO-1 and LTO-2 products utilize the double barcode format whereas products from LTO-3 onwards utilize the single barcode format. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Non-Custom Labeled media is available worldwide.
- HPE LTO Ultrium RFID Labeled tapes provides a faster, more flexible and secure alternative to traditional barcode identification solutions. Rewritable RFID labels enable cartridges to be accurately tracked in real time, anywhere in the world. Hewlett Packard Enterprise RFID labels are tested to extremes, support worldwide radio frequencies and comply with global data security standards.
- All labeled solutions are shipped in 20 packs.
- It is doubtful if any other storage supplies vendor carries out such exhaustive qualification of the drive and media as they are used in the field. This is because no media supplier is exposed to support of hardware in the field and has a vested interest in reducing media-induced hardware issues.
- In the last 12 months, quality procedures conducted by Hewlett Packard Enterprise have included:
- Extended LTO-6 ‘Green Tape Test’ to examine interchange between MP and BaFe using 4,000 cartridges (2,000 of each type). – LTO-7 BaFe and LTO-6 MP interchange using over 500 tapes of each type. – 200,000 miles of LTO-5 tape (both green tape and media that was reused) has been pulled through Hewlett Packard Enterprise tape platforms. – 75,000 miles each of new LTO-4 and LTO-5 green tape has been pulled through Hewlett Packard Enterprise and non-Hewlett Packard Enterprise devices.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise ongoing brand qualification also includes procedures like drop testing, creep append, load/unload, environmental stress tests and archival simulation that are not required to gain the LTO Ultrium logo